Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in cares deeply that this website is built responsibly and can be used by everyone. We have made every effort to ensure that the website meets our own criteria, current best-practices and relevant legislation. Below we detail some of the most important considerations.
If you have any feedback or questions about the accessibility of this website, please contact us.
All pages on this site aim to validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. The validation program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. There are still elements we may purposely use that will make certain pages fail. Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in uses common sense wherever possible.
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in believes that 100% of all website information should be accessible regardless of the browser used. We have built this website using current web standards to meet this criteria. We, like many others, support standards-compliant browsers as a priority, but make use of progressive enhancement to ensure delivery of information to all browsers.
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in also believes in driving web design forwards through responsible implementation and innovation. We strongly support web standards and forward-thinking web design and layout, and we actively make use of new methodologies and latest specifications.
This website makes use of layout and visual techniques made available with the CSS2.1 specification, and these methods are supported within Safari 3+, Firefox 3+ and Internet Explorer (IE) 7+. Users browsing with IE 6 or below, Firefox 2 or below and older browsers will still be able to access all information, though the visual experience may be reduced where necessary, following progressive enhancement best-practices.
- Links are written to make sense out of context - we do not use “click here”
- Links to downloadable documents or PDFs are clearly marked as such
- All links to external websites or resources open in the same window, for accessibility reasons
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes
- All background and decorative images are created with stylesheets, and do not require ALT attributes
- Our web pages are designed so that the content is still legible and accessible with images turned off, or stylesheets unavailable
Content and structure
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, or if stylesheets are disabled, the content of each page is still readable
- Most of the text on this website can be increased or decreased in size using built-in browser tools. However, to maintain appearance we recommend using a modern browser with text-zoom facilities (see section on web browsers above)